Let's Cook Scotland
Terms and Conditions
"LCS" means Let's Cook Scotland.
“Building/Premises” means the steading and associated buildings at Netherfield, Abernethy, Perthshire, PH2 9LL.
- Payment will be required at the time of booking.
- Students must be over 16 for shorter courses and over 17 for longer courses years unless otherwise stated in the calendar.
- When booking a place please notify us of any food intolerances, or allergies, that we need to be aware of and where we can we will try to adapt the course content. We are unable to guarantee a completely nut-free cooking environment.
- We reserve the right to substitute ingredients and dishes on the courses when necessary.
- Any medical condition that may affect your ability to take part, or follow instructions, must be disclosed at the time of booking.
- Our Cookery School is fully accessible.
Safety & Wellbeing
- We reserve the right to decline a booking, LCS reserves the right to terminate the participation of any student if the student is in the opinion of LCS guilty of any conduct that shall adversely affect the running of the course or the interests of any other student on the course. Should this occur the student will be asked to leave and not return and there will be no refund of any fees paid by the student.
- You are required to follow the operating instructions provided by our tutors for all kitchen equipment used.
- We advise that you wear comfortable, flat and enclosed toe shoes, and request that long hair is tied back.
- There is no need for any student to bring anything of value with him or her on a course. LCS accepts no responsibility for any loss of or damage to any student’s property whilst on a course and students are recommended to take out appropriate insurance cover on their property.
- There may be food to take home from the course. Once food you have prepared is taken off the premises, it becomes the property of the consumer. Therefore, it is the responsibility of the consumer to store and handle food taken away from the cookery school safely to minimise the risk of food poisoning. Storage and reheating instructions will be provided.
Cancellations & Transfers
- Please contact us by telephone or email if you need to cancel or transfer your course. Our office hours are Monday to Friday 9am-5.30pm.
- LCS is not liable for any losses incurred if you have to cancel or transfer your booking for any reason.
- We will make every endeavour to fill your place however this is not always possible at short notice, so the more notice you can give us the better.
- Although unlikely, we do reserve the right to cancel a course due to circumstances beyond our control. If this occurs we will offer a refund to the value of the course.
- LCS is not liable for any additional losses incurred as a consequence of us cancelling a course e.g. accommodation or transport.
At least 14 days notice:
A full refund.
Less than 48 hours notice:
If we are able to fill your place you will receive a full refund.
We will endeavour to fill your place. We have waiting lists in operation and will contact them or use Social Media to advertise the place, but if we are unable to fill your place no refund will be available.
Course Transfers – subject to availability
Gift Voucher Redemption
Let’s Cook Scotland gift vouchers are valid for 12 months. Classes must be booked and taken within this period. Gift vouchers not used during this period are void, no extensions are permitted without discussion. Gift vouchers are non refundable and no cash alternative can be provided. Valid gift vouchers issued for specific class types will be exempt from any price increases when redeemed against its intended class type during its validity. Any class gift voucher may be redeemed against classes, however the gift voucher will be valued at the actual amount paid, which may differ from the current class price. Any outstanding amount will have to be cleared at the time of booking.
They can be redeemed either online at www.letscookscotland.co.uk or over the phone. Please see the website for details.